The Florida men’s basketball team missed out on the NCAA Tournament for the second straight season, but this year, the Gators will play in the postseason.

UF earned a No. 2 seed in the National Invitational Tournament (NIT) and will play seventh-seeded North Florida on Tuesday in Jacksonville. Tipoff is set for 9 p.m.

While the Gators (19-14) are the higher seed in the tournament and the NIT’s initial rounds are hosted on campus sites, UF is unable to host because of renovations to the O’Connell Center.

Florida will play the entire tournament on the road in lieu of hosting at a neutral site.

North Florida (22-11), a member of the Atlantic-Sun Conference, won the league’s regular-season title with a 10-4 record. The Ospreys lost in the A-Sun Tournament quarterfinals 89-56 to Florida Gulf Coast, the tournament’s eventual winner.

Contact Jordan McPherson at [email protected] and follow him on Twitter @J_McPherson1126

(0) comments

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language. Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated. Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything. Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person. Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts. Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.