Kyle Cox seems to believe he, above respected political scientists, historians and sociologists has full and perfect knowledge of those things that are acceptable to protest and those that are not.

I beseech Cox to use his next column to offer students a full list. I would like to keep it with me at all times, right next to my Bible and pamphlet on treating Taser wounds.

Cox theorizes, loosely and poorly, that issues are not of importance once they have "sat on the backburner too long.C

No one told Bobby Kennedy Jr., who wrote an extensive piece for Rolling Stone Magazine titled, "Was the 2004 Election Stolen?C He produced some very intriguing data to suggest one of our most basic rights had been violated.

Ballot integrity is such a pressing issue in this state that one of the first acts of Gov. Charlie Crist, a Republican, was to institute a paper trail in Florida's voting process. I guess we should have taken Cox literally when he exclaimed, "Human rights be damned!C

For those who care about the validity of our democracy as much as me, Meyer, Crist and Bobby Kennedy Jr., please take the time to become educated. Meanwhile, please refrain from labeling certain protests as overboard, embarrassing, obnoxious, inappropriate or a waste of time.