After trailing for a grand total of 7:48 in its first five games, the UF men?s basketball team led Florida State 7-6 at the 15:43 mark and never led again.

The 11,995 fans in a packed and raucous O?Connell Center would have to wait almost 6 minutes before UF would score again, and they watched as the Seminoles dominated from then on out, handing UF a 65-51 loss.

BI thought we got outworked down low, our guards got blown by, it was an all-out bad game for us,C said forward Chandler Parsons, who was 3 of 11 from the field.

The Gators would suffer through a 21-2 run in the first half, and were down by as much as 19, trailing 29-10 with 6:19 to go. The hole would prove too deep for the Gators, who had several runs quelled by their sloppy play and FSU?s clutch shooting.

With the lead cut to 11 early in the second half, junior Walter Hodge was called for a technical foul that led to four unanswered points for the Seminoles and established a double-digit lead that would never fade.

BWe got possession of the ball down 11, then we got possession of the ball down 15,C UF coach Billy Donovan said. BGive Florida State credit. … An older team saw maybe a little internal frustration with our team and a lack of maturity coming through a little bit.C

The young Gators, who were hitting almost 54 percent from the field in their first five games, shot a dismal 39 percent Friday night, including a 4-of-23 performance from beyond the 3-point line.

BWe couldn?t make shots, and we had pretty decent looks,C Donovan said. BThat?s something we?ve tried to talk to these guys a long time about is when you don?t shoot the ball well, you?ve still got to give yourself a chance to win. … Our lack of offense affected our energy on defense, and we didn?t have the mental toughness to battle through our woeful shooting.C

A slew of Gators who were off to fast starts this season stalled in Friday?s game. Jai Lucas and Dan Werner combined to go 2 of 11 from the field. Guard Nick Calathes added just 7 points, and Parsons hit only one of his seven 3-point attempts.

Calathes - who leads the team in minutes played - was on the court for just 10 minutes in the first half, something Donovan attributed to his poor shot selection and too-aggressive play.

BThere?s no question I sat him intentionally,C Donovan said. BI would have sat him the whole half if I could have.C

Center Marreese Speights didn?t score until a little more than one minute before the half. Speights, who was averaging 16.6 points per game, finished with a measly 4 points on four shots.

BHe?s got to figure out that you can?t play finesse all the time,C Donovan said. BI think Marreese has great offensive skills, but sometimes you?re going to have to go in there physically and compete.C

Hodge and Adam Allen were the standouts for the Gators. Hodge tallied 11 points while Allen, whose father Randy Allen played for FSU, scored 8 points on 3-of-6 shooting and played well despite the extra pressure.

BI was really proud of Adam Allen tonight,C Donovan said. BWith all the circus surrounding him, for a young kid, he kept his composure, kept his focus and did a great job for us.C

With the loss, the Gators? record home-winning streak of 24 games and overall streak of 15 ended.

UF will look to rebound this Tuesday when it hosts Stetson at 7 p.m.