Having just celebrated our nation's birth, I thought that my fellow Americans should be alerted to one of the most dangerous activities destroying America today, causing personal heartache, moral decay and a weakening of the American spirit: Internet pornography.

Our nation was founded on great freedoms, high morals and sane laws. However, we don't need to be bombarded with decadent messages which seep daily into our moral fabric, show up in our dress, degrade our values and negatively affect our behavior. Porn is our new drug of choice, a drug which hypnotizes its viewers, weakens their minds and promotes promiscuity and permissiveness. We Americans have become an immoral, permissive and degraded group. Rome, too, was once a mighty empire which fell prey to immorality and decadence. Shall this, too, be our fate?

America, instead of wasting your time watching porn, why don't we find other sane and creative outlets which enhance us, not degrade us? We Americans used to lead the world in great and dramatic ways. Let's set a better example by choosing to turn away from porn.