The traveling Florida Modern-Day Slavery Museum is back to show that slavery is still present today.

The museum will be making five stops in Alachua County from Saturday to Wednesday.

The mobile museum, brought to the city by the Interfaith Alliance for Immigrant Justice, displays the presence of slavery in Florida from before the Civil War to the present.

The museum itself is a mock-up of the cargo trucks used in a slavery operation from 2008.

"People were forced to live in it without any sanitation or water and you can see the shackles and chains that these workers were chained up with," said Richard MacMaster Interfaith Alliance for Immigrant Justice assistant organizer.

The museum's tour through Gainesville will begin Saturday at the B'nai Israel synagogue.

On Monday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m the museum will be on UF's Plaza of the Americas and will be followed by a presentation from the Coalition of Immokalee Workers organization in the CSE Building, Room E222 at 6 p.m.

The museum was created by the Coalition of Immokalee Workers and the Interfaith Action of Southwest Florida.