The time has come again for your friendly neighborhood Alligator to ask for help.

This newspaper is, first and foremost, here to serve you, the readers. We want to deliver the best news to all students, faculty and staff, both in the newspaper you grab from our orange bins across campus and at alligator.org.

The family of students who put the Alligator together five nights a week has grown in the past few semesters. But as with any student-run operation, there is always room for new folks to get involved.

If you're majoring in journalism, have writing experience, know how to use a camera or just have a grammar-and-punctuation obsession, come to our open house Friday from noon to 3 p.m. and meet our editors.

Trust us when we tell you that working here will give you a lot of invaluable experience — whether you plan on going into the scary world of journalism or not.

We can tell you about the daily miracle of putting out a paper every night, during those times when we're neck-deep in homework, hours away from deadline and running on caffeine and cigarettes. Yes, it's not a very good diet, but it's worth it.

We're looking for sports and news reporters, copy editors, photographers, video journalists, video editors, audio specialists, bloggers and writers for the Avenue.

If you've got a lot of tech savvy, we're interested. Now that the Alligator has officially entered the 21st century by updating the look of its website and placing a renewed emphasis on breaking news, we are working on being quicker and more resourceful when it comes to gathering the news for digital delivery.

The Alligator newsroom has been quite busy over the first few days of the semester, and we have been fortunate enough to catch stories as they break.

With the events scheduled over the next few months around Gainesville and the increased emphasis on the coming political changes, we will only get busier. We would love to have you become a part of our team.

As an added bonus, it's pretty damn cool to be the first one to know what the hell is going on around here before any of your friends.

Sounds like a pretty sweet gig, eh? This is your chance to find out just what it's like to be in the news business before your college experience is over.

If you want in, come Friday.

Bring your clips, portfolios, class schedules, smiles and sunny attitudes. We're looking forward to meeting you.

We're at 1105 W. University Ave., across from the Bank of America.

We're nice people.

Plus, there will be pizza.