Two women were charged with domestic battery Monday night.

Laurie Bowlen, a 28-year-old claims adjuster, attacked her husband after she found him talking to another woman in a car, and Rebecca McKenzy, a 25-year-old Gainesville Regional Utilities employee, fought with her ex-husband because he had her cellphone, according to a Gainesville Police Department arrest report.

In the first incident, Laurie found her husband, Brent, talking to Jennifer Cruikshank, a friend, in a car in the driveway of the couple's home.

Brent got out, and the couple argued.

Laurie suspected her husband was behaving inappropriately with Cruikshank, and according to the report, Brent then grabbed his wife. He was concerned she would "do something stupid," like attack Cruikshank.

A GPD officer arrived at 9:55 p.m. in response to a suspicious activity call, and he saw Brent holding his wife. The officer demanded Brent let her go, but Laurie bit her husband's right arm before he could. She was arrested.

According to the report, Bowlen said she bit him so he would release her.

The other instance of domestic battery Monday night involved Rebecca and Latroy McKenzy. The two have have been in a relationship for 10 years and married for five. According to a police report, they've been separated for the last three months.

Around 5:30 p.m., the two were arguing in Latroy's apartment, and according to the report, Rebecca grabbed her ex-husband's ears and hair and hit him on the back to get her cellphone. Latroy then pushed her out of his apartment.

After the fight, there was dried blood behind Latroy's left ear where his ex-wife had grabbed him, the report said.

Laurie Bowlen and Rebecca McKenzy were both released without bail Tuesday at 1:10 p.m.