<p>Police speak to the driver of a white Lexus sedan carrying suspects in a Thursday morning stabbing on UF's campus.</p>

Police speak to the driver of a white Lexus sedan carrying suspects in a Thursday morning stabbing on UF's campus.

Two men were stabbed early this morning on the north side of UF’s campus.

Around 2:15 a.m., the victims were stabbed in the parking lot west of Flint Hall at the corner of Buckman Drive and University Avenue, according to University Police.

UPD Lt. Robert A. Wagner said the victims were transported to Shands at UF quickly after what appears to be a fight. The details are still unclear, he said.

Police did not know if any of the suspects or victims are students.

A UF Alert sent out at 2:40 a.m. said the male suspects drove west on University Avenue in a white car. Gainesville Police stopped the white Lexus GS 300 near Doyle Conner Building at the corner of Southwest 34th Street and Southwest 20th Avenue.

Wagner said there were three suspects, not four, as the UF Alert listed.

UPD Sgt. Hank Spurlin confirmed that UPD would be taking possession of the car. The driver of the car is being detained for further questioning by police as a person of interest. Spurlin declined to release the driver’s name, although he said the driver told police that the victims and suspects did not know each other.

A second UF Alert, sent around 3:40 a.m., described the two at-large suspects as men of Middle Eastern descent wearing light-colored button-down shirts. One was wearing khaki pants, and the other was wearing jeans.

Anyone with information is asked to call UPD at 352-392-5447.

Spurlin expected police would find the other two suspects easily. He credited GPD with stopping the Lexus, which he said will make investigations easier.

Contact Clare Lennon at clennon@alligator.org.