If Moisés Reyes really believes that America’s oil and natural gas companies are evil, there are some concrete steps he could take — and encourage his readers to take — to reduce the amount of money these “greedy-driven” corporations earn. He could start off by selling his vehicle and walking or biking everywhere, so he won’t have to use any of the fuel these companies produce. He could say no to long-distance travel on airplanes, buses or trains. He could turn off his air conditioner in his home, so he won’t use any of the natural-gas generated electricity these companies provide him. He could give up consuming cooked food, and refrigeration, for that matter, and cease wearing clothes and he could turn all electronic equipment made from materials derived from oil or natural gas. He could suggest to the millions of American retirees with 401Ks, IRAs and other retirement plans to tighten their belts, rather than bank on those investment returns. He could tell the federal government it should make do without the more than $86 million a day it collects from oil and natural gas companies. And finally, he could tell the 9.2 million Americans whose jobs are supported by the oil and natural gas industry to join the already-too-long line of unemployed Americans.

All these suggestions may sound facetious, but each one points to the fact that America’s oil and natural gas industry is providing Americans the energy they need to live the lives they want to live. It’s providing much-needed revenue to governments and valuable jobs to millions of Americans, and it is helping make our nation more energy-secure with each passing day.