The Alligator’s editorial opinion by Moises Reyes on Oct. 19 shows that he’s ready to work on a cable news propaganda show upon graduating from journalism school.

His piece about Mitt Romney’s nonpandering to women’s pay disparity compared to men’s was factually wrong.

The real cause of women’s pay disparity is indeed their lack of seniority due to their voluntary lifestyle choices and changing employment status often due to having families.

Seniority is a labor union clause in collective bargaining contracts foremost and less often seen in nonunion workplaces. In fact, progressive policies (unions) are causing the glass ceiling barrier, not some Republican Party or private-sector conspiracy.

Any private employer would gladly pay a woman more than a man if she’s producing more, and they do.

The unemployment crisis has hit women harder since President Obama took office, as unionized seniority means “last hired, first fired” in public sector and other unionized places. Many factories and government employers have hit women hard.

Women fare much better odds of being paid for their current performance if they avoid seniority situations.

In other words, they should work in the private sector and with nonunionized co-workers who respect their work now, not for being around so many years before.

You can contact him via opinions@alligator.org.