When I heard the most recent Dr. Pepper 10 commercial on the radio for the first time, as it claimed that “counting calories isn’t manly,” I thought to myself “Wow- this has to be the worst. Thank goodness most commercials nowadays are pretty mild; this one is just bluntly sexist!”

Then I did some research and stopped watching TV via Netflix and started really seeing the reality of our modern day sexism. Well, there’s a lot of it and it’s shocking.

Remember when we thought this was the worst sexist ad EVER?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Those days are over, but instead our commercials and print ads have been replaced by over sexualized, sexist and bluntly discriminatory ads. Here are my 5 “favorite.” And thank you again television for attempting to reverse all progress of modern day feminism.

Number 5: Mr. Clean Commercial

This one really holds all classic representations that I hope for in a sexist commercial: two men commentating on a woman’s cleaning progress as she parades around the house swiftly doing her housekeeping “chores.” The commercial concludes with Mr. Clean’s all time famous super bonding moment between the woman and her angelically white Mr. Clean male helper. I can’t get enough of this gem.

Number 4: Dr. Pepper 10 Mountain Man Commercial

The radio ad version of this commercial tends to be more blatant, but this commercial does not disappoint. This one graces the audience with the manliest of men, doing the manliest of things, in the manliest of places, all while drinking the manliest of beverages (besides beer, of course). Now, that’s a heartfelt commercial. If you’re interested in more Dr. Pepper sexism download their App that is exclusively for men!

Number 3:  Skyy Vodka Commercial

Hey Skyy, ever been to a real party? If a man was clapping all over the place making the room move, I would be out of there in a heartbeat. All that would happen after I danced with my girls in lingerie and swooned all over the men on the dance floor, of course.

Number 2:  Axe Commercial

Axe: Because only women want to cuddle. And when they do, they prevent you from playing video games the next day. Everyone knows that the morning after should not include any human interaction. Why even stay the night? Gosh, women are just here to steal a man’s freedom!

Number 1: Hardee’s Commercial

Congratulations, Hardee’s. You have won the award for most sexist commercial of 2013. I’m not sure this commercial even requires my commentary. As if her over-sexualized representation isn’t enough, the commercial also assumes that someone would want to have their food while enjoying a day on the beach. But really, does anyone even eat there? 

Are you in the mood for more sexist commercials? Just wait for the next Super Bowl!