<p>Taylore Fuller bats against Jacksonville during Florida’s 6-0 win on Feb. 19, 2014, at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium. Fuller helped lead the Gators to a 7-0 victory over Hofstra on Saturday.</p>

Taylore Fuller bats against Jacksonville during Florida’s 6-0 win on Feb. 19, 2014, at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium. Fuller helped lead the Gators to a 7-0 victory over Hofstra on Saturday.

When Taylore Fuller hits the ball, it leaves the park.

Through No. 1 Florida’s first 11 games of the season, the sophomore utility player had logged only two hits — but both were home runs.

She continued that streak in Florida’s home opener against Jacksonville on Wednesday.

Leading off the bottom of the third inning, Fuller hit a long ball over the center-field fence, opening up the scoring for No. 1 Florida.

After her home run, the Gators (12-0) never gave up their lead, winning 6-0 against the Dolphins (5-5) at Katie Seashole Pressly Stadium.

“I saw it was a line drive. I have trouble seeing at dark so I couldn’t really tell if it was over,” Fuller said. “But it felt good and I felt like I made good contact with the ball, so regardless I was happy with how it resulted.

Hitting for power was not characteristic of Fuller in her freshman campaign. In 2013, the Trenton native only hit four home runs in 113 at-bats.

Then, with one out in the sixth inning, Fuller came through again.

With Kirsti Merrit on second and Aubree Munro on first, Fuller hit a single to right field in the sixth inning, bringing in her second RBI of the night and her seventh on the season.

“I was telling myself I just needed to score the runner.” Fuller said. “Whether that was a deep pop fly or a little half-dinky hit to right field, whatever works. I just wanted to score that runner or at least move them over.”

UF saw maturity in its underclassmen at the plate, with six of the team’s eight hits coming from freshmen or sophomores.

“Some of our players have turned from freshman year to sophomore year and had some good offensive performances so far this year,” coach Tim Walton said.

“Justine McLean as a freshman came in and really got some sparks going for us today.”

Walton was also pleased with his team’s defensive play.

“To me the biggest play of the game is the being able to turn the double play,” the ninth-year coach said.

“The two double plays when they’ve got runners in scoring position to end the threat and end the rally.”

In the pitching circle, junior Lauren Haeger earned her fourth win of the season.

After allowing two first-inning hits, the Peoria, Ariz., native found her rhythm, giving up only two additional hits while striking out seven batters in her third complete game of the season.

Despite her performance, Haeger feels that she can improve.

“I don’t think it was my best,” she said. “I wasn’t hitting my spots well. I think I had a bit of luck on my side. I felt good but not the best that I could have been.”

But Haeger’s contributions came from more than just the mound.

After McLean singled to shortstop and stole second base, Haeger hit a home run — her fifth of the season — to center field, extending the Gators’ lead to 4-0 in her second at-bat of the game.

“I worked a 3-2 count, so I knew they were either going to come at me or throw like way out,” Haeger said. “So I saw what I liked and swung hard.”

Follow Jordan McPherson on Twitter @J_McPherson1126