<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-824567cd-f7e2-151a-d5d4-59342d6bfafa"><span>More than 100 people gathered outside Rep. Ted Yoho's office on Tuesday with signs to protest President Donald Trump's administration.</span></span></p>

More than 100 people gathered outside Rep. Ted Yoho's office on Tuesday with signs to protest President Donald Trump's administration.

Chants of “Resist Trump” and “No wall, no ban” could be heard outside Rep. Ted Yoho’s Gainesville office Tuesday,

At noon, more than 100 protesters stood outside the Republican District 3 congressman’s office parking lot with signs protesting President Donald Trump’s immigration and refugee ban and his proposed wall along the U.S.-Mexican border.

The demonstration was a part of “Resist Trump Tuesdays,” a nationwide movement organized by People’s Action.

Andrea Berteit, 52, helped coordinate the protest. Through the initiative, people are going to their local representatives and protesting Trump’s administration every Tuesday, she said.

“We would like our representatives to be accountable,” the Gainesville resident said. “We believe (Yoho) has a responsibility to influence this type of decision making.”

Protesters talked to Yoho’s senior office staff and left letters for the congressman, she said.

Brian Kaveney, a spokesperson for Yoho, said the office took the protesters’ petitions and heard their concerns.

“We make a note in the record and convey that to the congressman,” he said.

Bill Radunovich, 49, said he attended the protest because of the ban, the wall and Stephen Bannon’s nomination to the National Security Council.

“I wanted to go and let them know what I thought,” the Gainesville resident said.

When the office staff approached the crowd, he said protesters yelled questions and demanded answers.

“There was probably a little bit of argument, but nothing too bad,” he said.

Berteit said she was glad to see such a large group outside Yoho’s office.

“I’m just amazed and found it really great that Gainesville and the people here really care so much about the situation,” she said.

@Mary_Lou_W

mwatkinson@alligator.org