Monday, April 29, 2024

As the summer season heat rises, skin care is becoming increasingly important. Once Kylie Jenner removed her lip fillers, health and beauty enthusiasts alike knew that this was the summer of a healthy, natural appearance.

Here are a few of the unpleasant effects of the sun and how to combat them naturally with some items that can be found around the house.

Oily Skin: Typically, oil coming from the skin means your skin is moisturizing itself. However, time in the sun can cause your skin to produce excess oil and lead to acne breakouts. To prevent excess oil from clogging your pores, use apple cider vinegar as a great natural cleanser that also provides its own moisture.

Wrinkly Skin: Too much sun exposure overtime can cause the skin to lose elasticity. To get the spring back in your skin, use aloe vera and lemon. Both ingredients help regain firmness in the skin, and the lemon, with it’s vitamin C, helps the skin produce collagen, giving skin back its natural plumpness.

Discoloration: Sun spots, redness, hyperpigmentation; these are all words for discoloration of the skin which can be caused from sun exposure. Lately, a lot of make-up videos have shown the use of what seems like just fancy water, but rose water has a lot of benefits. Rose water works as an effective, light toner to keep your complexion even and clear.

Dry or dehydrated skin: It’s summer, which means it’s hot, and you sweat. Sweating can cause you to lose a lot of water. The most natural way to regain moisture is, of course, drinking water. However, sometimes that isn’t enough. For a deep overnight hydrating treatment, rinse your face in cold water, and then use coconut oil. The oil penetrates the skin to restore moisture, and as a bonus, it restores collagen to make you look like you’ve never dealt with stress in your life.