Generic Crime
Generic Crime

Two of the three men suspected of breaking into a gun store and stealing 13 guns early Thursday morning were arrested, deputies said.

Devito Alonzo Deshay Early, 19, of St. Augustine, and Jaharold Davonta Davis, 21, of Gainesville, were arrested Friday for burglarizing Big Daddy Guns, at 602 NW 75th St., according to Alachua County Sheriff’s Office arrest reports. The investigation is ongoing, deputies said. The third man’s full name is unavailable in the arrest reports.

Security camera footage caught three men, including Early and Davis, covering their faces and breaking into the store around 3 a.m. Thursday, the report said. 

The men cut two locks and smashed the glass front door to get inside, deputies said. They smashed two display cases and stole 13 handguns.

Deputies went to Davis’ home on the 6900 block of Southwest Sixth Place, where they found three more guns and burglary tools.

Early is charged with grand theft of firearms and burglary. Davis is charged with grand theft of firearms, burglary and possessing weapons as a felon. 

Early and Davis are being held in the Alachua County Jail in lieu of $280,000 and $530,000, respectively.

Contact Amanda Rosa at arosa@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @AmandaNicRosa