Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A woman was accused of selling methamphetamine after Alachua County Sheriff’s Office deputies found 14.7 grams in her car Sunday morning.

Deputies stopped Krystina Bickford, 32, of Hillsboro, Florida, at 6200 Millhopper Road at about 7:40 a.m. for driving with a suspended license. While looking into the license, authorities found 14.7 grams of meth, a highly addictive painkiller called Dilaudid and drug equipment, according to an arrest report.

Police decided to search the car Bickford drove after a police dog smelled drugs inside, the report said. Deputies found the meth underneath the driver’s seat. A small black box on the passenger-side floor contained three syringes, four spoons with had a white substance on them and a part of a small white pill, police said.

Two of the syringes had orange caps, but the third didn’t. Police later found an orange cap in Bickford’s bra, the report said.

Inside of the box, deputies also found small clear plastic bags. A small digital scale was in the pocket of the driver’s side door, police said. Both are commonly used when selling drugs.

Bickford told police that the drugs and equipment in the car were hers and that the pill found was Dilaudid, the report said.

Bickford was charged with one count each of possession of drugs and drug equipment and trafficking meth. She’s being held in the Alachua County jail in lieu of a $67,000 bond.

Contact Jessica Curbelo at jcurbelo@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @jesscurbelo