Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A Gainesville man was accused of raping a pregnant 14-year-old girl Sunday night.

Vincent Edward Albritton, 49, was arrested after police said he raped the girl, who is about four months pregnant, at the racquetball courts in Northeast Park, at 400 NE 16th Ave., according to a Gainesville Police arrest report.

A sergeant was patrolling the area when she noticed Albritton’s car around 11:15 p.m., the report said. She walked up to the car and found a teenage girl alone in the backseat.

The girl told her that her sister and Albritton went behind the racquetball courts so that her sister could use the bathroom, the report said.

Albritton walked out from behind the racquetball court, sweating profusely and out of breath. Albritton denied knowing the girl and her sister when he talked to the sergeant, the report said.

The sergeant walked around the park to look for the pregnant girl and found her leaning against a wall, the report said.

The 14-year-old girl told police she has known Albritton since March, the report said. He called her on a blocked number and then picked up both girls to drive to the park that night.

They were talking next to a racquetball court wall when he began pressuring her to have sex. The girl repeatedly said no, but Albritton forced her against the wall and raped her, police said.

The girl told officers she felt sharp pains in her belly during the incident. Albritton noticed the headlights of the sergeant’s car and told her to stay behind the wall, the report said.

The pregnant girl’s sister told police Albritton was “kind of creepy” and treated her sister differently, the report said.

Albritton was charged with one count of sexually assaulting a minor and one count of aggravated battery on a pregnant victim. He is being held in the Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $275,000 bond, according to jail records.

Contact Jessica Curbelo at jcurbelo@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @jesscurbelo