Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A man shot multiple rounds into an occupied home Sunday afternoon, police said. No one was hurt.

Three people were inside when 23-year-old Deandre Lemichael Brooks, of Lake Butler, Florida, fired into their home about seven times on the 27000 block of N. State Road 121 in Alachua, according to an Alachua County Sheriff’s Office arrest report..

Brooks drove from Union County to the Alachua neighborhood to settle an argument with a man who wasn’t home, deputies said.

Brooks and one of the residents got into an argument earlier that day in Union County, the report said. The man told police Brooks threatened to go to the man’s home and showed him the handle of a gun.

By the time the man arrived at his house, Brooks was driving away.

A witness told deputies he walked out onto the porch after hearing gunshots and found Brooks pointing a handgun at him. Brooks fired several times while the man ran back inside, deputies said.

Deputies found multiple shell casings and holes in the house that appear to be from bullets, the report said.

Deputies from the Union County Sheriff’s Office found Brooks, who handed over a Ruger handgun. They brought Brooks back to Alachua County where he admitted to firing his gun seven times, deputies said.

Brooks, however, told deputies he was trying to prevent a dog from getting near his car, the report said.

Brooks was charged with firing into a building. He is being held in the Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $10,000 bond.

Contact Jessica Curbelo at jcurbelo@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @jesscurbelo