Generic Crime
Generic Crime

An 18-year-old Gainesville resident is accused of breaking into a car in Alachua County Saturday morning, deputies said.

Caleb Daniel Terrell is accused of breaking into a blue Toyota Corolla on the 8800 block of Southwest 14th Road, according to an Alachua County Sheriff’s Office arrest report.

A deputy was following up with a previous burglary investigation on the same street where he found security footage of an attempted car burglary, the report said. The video showed a man wearing glasses, a white T-shirt and dark shorts trying to open the front door of the locked car while hiding his face with his shirt.

The man in the video is seen running with another man who was arrested as part of a different investigation.

That day, the deputy recognized Terrell from his clothing, the report said.

The car owners were out of the country at the time, the report said. Deputies spoke with the owners, who said they wanted to press charges against Terrell.

He is charged with burglary and was released from the Alachua County Jail Sunday afternoon on his own recognizance.

Terrell could not immediately be reached for comment.

Contact Alyssa Ramos at aramos@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @LysKRamos