Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A local man was arrested after he showed his genitals to a mother and child Sunday afternoon, deputies said.

Patrick Donald Corbett, 53, was accused of dropping his sweatpants in front of the two people at a parking lot on the 700 block of Southwest 75th Street, according to an Alachua County Sheriff’s arrest report. The name of the city he is from was redacted from the report.

Corbett walked past the mother and child and spoke to them, the report said. He then lifted his shirt and pulled his sweatpants down below his butt.

The mother and child told deputies that he wasn’t wearing any underwear, the report said. When Corbett turned sideways, the mother and child, who is under 16 years old, could see his bare genitals.

Corbett told deputies that although he wore loose pants, they were not loose enough to fall down completely, the report said. Corbett admitted to accidentally exposing a small amount of his butt, but he lifted his pants up before they could see his genitals, the report said.

The mother agreed to sign a sworn complaint and wants to press charges for her and her child, the report said.

Corbett is charged with lewd lascivious behavior toward a child and indecent exposure, the report said. He is being held in the Alachua County Jail on a bond of $20,000.

Contact Alyssa Ramos at aramos@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @LysKRamos