<p>Miles</p>

Miles

A man accused of hiding cocaine and fleeing from a Gainesville Police officer was arrested Thursday.

Joseph Theron Miles, 39, of Gainesville, was charged with possession of cocaine with intent to sell, resisting an officer without violence and driving with a suspended license, according to an arrest report.

At about 11 p.m., Miles was driving on the 100 block of Northwest 12th Street when a police officer found his license was suspended, the report said.

When Miles left a McDonald’s drive-thru, at 1206 W University Ave., police pointed at him to pull over, police said. Miles then drove into the Gator Beverage Inc. parking lot, at 1126 W University Ave., and walked in. The officer saw Miles duck down and move throughout the store, police said.

The officer arrested him and discovered Miles had left a child between 5 to 8 years old in the front passenger seat of the car, the report said.

When Smith retraced Miles’s path in the store, he found a baggie with 11.6 grams of cocaine wedged between cases of beer, according to police.

Another officer heard the child say that his father sells the cocaine to make extra money, the report said.

Miles remains in the Alachua County Jail in lieu of a $185,000 bond.

Contact Katherine Wallace-Fernandez at kwallacefernandez@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter @katwf98.

Miles