Internationally Renowned Teacher and Author, David Deida, to Speak in Gainesville on February 22

<p>David Deida Speaking in Los Angeles</p>

David Deida Speaking in Los Angeles

This February 22, David Deida will be in Gainesville for an evening, sharing his insights from his 40+ years of dedicated work in the fields of intimacy, relationship, and spirituality. Deida is best known for his 1997 book, The Way of the Superior Man - one of the most widely read books on men's spirituality ever published. 

Acknowledged as one of the most insightful and provocative teachers of our time, Deida continues to revolutionize the way that people grow spiritually and sexually. His ten books are published in more than twenty-five languages worldwide and are required reading in university, church, and spiritual center courses. His workshops on a radically practical spirituality have been hailed as among the most original and authentic contributions to the field of self-development currently available.

The Watkins Review has included Deida in its annual Spiritual 100 List every year since 2011 to the present, designating the most spiritually influential living people worldwide. He is a founding member of Integral Institute, and has taught and conducted research at the University of California-San Diego School of Medicine, University of California-Santa Cruz, San Jose State University, Lexington Institute in Boston, and Ecole Polytechnique in Paris, France.

This will be somewhat of a homecoming for Deida, who has his roots here in Gainesville. In 1974, after receiving the National Writing Award, Deida was admitted to the Florida Scholars Program at the University of Florida. While there, Deida founded the Plexus Interdisciplinary Center, researching medicine and consciousness in affiliation with Shands. 

The event, tilted “Sex, Power, and the Path of Love: An Evening with David Deida,” will take place downtown at The Wooly with doors opening at 6:30pm. It is being hosted by an emerging women-led organization in Gainesville called Amrita Institute, dedicated to reviving the feminine spiritual experience through curated programs and events. All proceeds will benefit their launch.

To find out more about how to register for the event, please visit amritainstitute.org/david-deida.

David Deida Speaking in Los Angeles