Generic Crime
Generic Crime

A woman who was accused of stealing from a Target in February is being accused again for stealing from the same store in January.

Laurel Anne Haas, 33, of Gainesville, stole from a Target, at 3970 SW Archer Road, three times, according to a Gainesville Police sworn complaint affidavit.

Haas was arrested on Feb. 1 after she stole 15 household and clothing items from the store, the report said. The items cost $454.59 in total.

She was released from the jail the next day, according to the Alachua County Jail.

Sometime later, police learned she stole from the same Target on Jan. 10 and 29, the affidavit said.

On both dates, Haas grabbed a garden pruning tool from the store and used it to cut open Fitbits, put them in her handbag and then hide the tool in the store, the affidavit said. She left the store before police could stop her. She stole three Fitbits that cost $699.85 in total.

Haas was arrested on a warrant on Friday, according to court records.

She was charged with grand theft and scheme to defraud and obtain property, the affidavit said.

In 2017, she was found guilty for stealing two perfumes and hiding them in her handbag from a Belk at the Oaks Mall, at 6419 W Newberry Road, according to court records. The perfumes cost $144.

Haas remained in the Alachua County Jail Sunday in lieu of a $20,000 bond.