Andrew Nembhard returns to UF after NBA Draft declaration

<p><span id="docs-internal-guid-a597cc83-7fff-eb8a-f9f6-624cd2d2fb2b"><span>Andrew Nembhard will return to UF for his sophomore season.</span></span></p>

Andrew Nembhard will return to UF for his sophomore season.

Andrew Nembhard is back at Florida.

The 6-foot-5, 191-pound guard from Aurora, Ontario, has decided to come back to UF after declaring for the NBA Draft on April 12. In 2016, the NCAA ruled that entering the NBA Draft would not result in forfeiture of eligibility, allowing Nembhard to return to the Gators after his withdrawal.

“Super excited to come back and play with my brothers and for Gator Nation!” Nembhard tweeted on Wednesday.

Nembhard finished his 2018 freshman campaign with 289 points, 103 rebounds and 194 assists (fourth in school history), which was enough to make him a member of the SEC’s All-Freshman team. Nembhard’s shining moment came in the SEC Tournament, where he hit a three-pointer at the buzzer to knock the LSU Tigers out of the tournament and ensure UF a spot in the NCAA Tournament.

There were some concerns about his play with his announcement to enter the draft, though, as he shot just 41.4 percent from the field and did not receive an invite to the NBA Combine earlier this month.

Nembhard will return to Florida with fellow rising sophomores Keyontae Johnson and Noah Locke. That trio will hope to compliment the 2019 recruiting class that came in at No. 7 in 247Sports’ rankings.

Follow River Wells on Twitter @riverhwells and contact him at rwells@alligator.org.