<p>UF AD Scott Stricklin announced the extensions of three Florida coaches Tuesday</p>

UF AD Scott Stricklin announced the extensions of three Florida coaches Tuesday

The Florida athletic department will look similar for years to come after it was announced Tuesday that Florida football coach Dan Mullen, men’s basketball coach Mike White and women’s basketball coach Cam Newbauer all received multi-year contract extensions.

Mullen received a three-year contract extension which boosted his salary from $6.1 million to $7.6 million. Only Nick Saban and Ed Orgeron outpace Mullen in the SEC in total money earned. 

“We are very excited about the future of the Florida football program, and this agreement allows us to continue to build on the success we have enjoyed on and off the field,” Mullen said in a released statement.

The extension quells swirling rumors about the fourth-year coach leaving for the NFL.

The Gators reached three New Year’s Six Bowl games in Mullen’s first three years. Florida went a combined 29-9 and won the SEC East in 2020 before falling 52-46 to eventual national champion Alabama in the conference championship game.

Mike White received a two-year contract extension, but he will continue to earn around $3 million a year through 2026-27. The Gators had an up-and-down 2020-2021 season, finishing with a 15-10 record and a second-round NCAA Tournament exit. White’s raise came in the form of a $100,000 increase in longevity compensation which arrives in 2022 and 2023.

White now enters his sixth season as the UF coach. The Gators advanced to the NCAA Tournament the past four years but have not made it past the Round of 32 since 2015.

Florida brings on two new assistant coaches for 2021-22 in Florida Atlantic’s Akeem Miskdeen and Oklahoma State’s Erik Pastrana.

“Though he’s still relatively young by coaching standards, Mike has already established himself as a successful head coach,” Scott Stricklin said. “Because of his work ethic, intelligence and competitiveness his career has such a high ceiling, and it’s going to be fun watching what his Gator teams accomplish for years to come.”

Florida brings in 5-star Kowacie Reeves, a 6’6 guard and the No. 27 ranked recruit by Rivals, whom scouts consider to be the whole package. White also awaits center Colin Castleton’s NBA Draft decision after the transfer declared for the draft while retaining eligibility and Keyontae Johnson’s potential return from injury. Florida collected four players from the transfer portal.

Stricklin also extended the contract of women’s basketball coach Cameron Newbauer through 2024-25. Newbauer had one year left on his deal but will now continue to make $500,000 a year. The team has gone 46-71 and 15-47 in SEC play in his tenure. The group made the WNIT for the first time under Newbauer last season. 

“Cam is building his program the right way and making steady progress,” Stricklin said. “It’s important that he have the time needed to continue that progress.”