Monday, March 18, 2024
<p>Paul Graves Williams</p>

Paul Graves Williams

A man accused of killing his wife and teenage daughter was arrested Friday morning, deputies said.

Paul Graves Williams, 61, of Gainesville, was arrested about seven hours after deputies found the bodies of his wife and daughter inside their Garrison Way home on Southwest 75th Street, according to an Alachua County Sheriff’s Office press release.

Williams’ wife and daughter, 57-year-old Leslie Williams and 15-year-old Paige Williams, appeared to have died from stab wounds, said Lt. Brandon Kutner during a press conference. The medical examiners’ office and forensics team are investigating the exact cause of death and weapon. The time of death is unknown.

Gainesville man accused of killing his wife and daughter

Paige Williams, 15

Paige Williams was a student at Buchholz High School, Kutner said. The investigation is ongoing.

Leslie Williams worked at Stephen Foster Elementary School. Staff became concerned when she didn’t come to work and tried calling her in the morning, said Alachua County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Lt. Brett Rhodenizer during the press conference. School employees eventually spoke with Paul Williams on the phone who told them to check on his wife.

Leslie Williams, 57

Paul Williams was not home when deputies arrived, Rhodenizer said.

After law enforcement released his name and photograph to the public, Paul Williams drove back to the home at about 2:40 p.m., Rhodenizer said. Deputies arrested him and began interviewing him.

Deputies were never called to the home for a domestic incident, Rhodenizer said. However, public records show the the family had a history of financial issues.

A mortgage company claimed the family owed $301,531 in a 2009 lawsuit until the case was dismissed, according to public records. In 2014, the Village Property Owners’ Association in St. Lucie County sued the couple for more than $12,000 in unpaid assessments and other costs for a $330,000 four-bedroom home in Fort Pierce, according to court records.

Paul Williams was booked into the Alachua County Jail Sunday and will be charged with two counts of homicide, Rhodenizer told The Alligator. His bail has not been posted.

This is the second homicide in Gainesville in two weeks. Deputies are also investigating the murder of 62-year-old Joseph Green, who died from a gunshot wound Nov. 10.

Contact Alyssa Ramos at aramos@alligator.org and follow her on Twitter at @LysKRamos

Paul Graves Williams