Prince Royce to speak virtually at Hispanic Heritage Month event

<p dir="ltr"><span>Prince Royce is scheduled speak at a virtual event hosted by UF Hispanic Heritage Month, Accent Speakers Bureau and Student Government Productions.&nbsp;</span></p>
<p><span>&nbsp;</span></p>

Prince Royce is scheduled speak at a virtual event hosted by UF Hispanic Heritage Month, Accent Speakers Bureau and Student Government Productions. 

Latin singer and songwriter Prince Royce will speak at an hour-long virtual event 7 p.m. Monday hosted by UF Hispanic Heritage Month, Accent Speakers Bureau and Student Government Productions. 

Prince Royce is a multi-platinum, award-winning artist who has collaborated with the likes of Shakira, Jennifer Lopez and Snoop Dogg. He has received the Inspira Award by the Hispanic Heritage Foundation and is a mentor to Latinx youth. 

Students interested in attending must use their UFL email address when registering online. They will then receive a link Monday to watch the livestream. Students have until noon on Monday to sign up. 

Recent Accent speakers include Anita Hill, Bill Nye and the founders of #BlackLivesMatter Patrisse Cullors, Alicia Garza and Opal Tometi. In 2018, Accent partnered with the Hispanic Student Association and brought Pitbull for Hispanic Heritage Month. 

Hispanic Heritage Month runs from Sept. 15 to Oct. 15 and recognizes generations of Hispanic Americans and the art, culture and contributions that have molded its history.

UF Hispanic Student Culture Organization Executive Director Francesca Bagala looks forward to the Prince Royce virtual discussion and the celebration of Latinx culture, she wrote in an email. HSCO hosts the UF HHM events. 

“The Hispanic Heritage Month team has worked long and hard to come up with an exciting itinerary that will serve its Latinx community but also educate others on what it means to be Latinx,” she wrote. 

Bagala grew up listening to Prince Royce, so hosting this event is a big win. 

“It makes us feel represented and heard,” she wrote. “It is a great opportunity for the Latinx community to get together, but it is also a great way to showcase Latinx culture to the entire UF student body.”