Gainesville Police are investigating a drive-by shooting at an apartment complex.

On Tuesday around 8:15 p.m., officers responded to a drive-by shooting at Tiger Bay Apartments at 450 SE 24th Terrace, according to a GPD media release.

Officers found around five shell casings on the road inside the complex when they arrived, according to the release. It was originally reported that a car, which had multiple men in it, drove through and started firing a handgun at the victim, who was standing near a building.

No bullet holes or bullets were found in the building or where the victim was standing during the shooting, according to the release. The car was later found with four to five bullet holes and a small amount of blood in it.

Police have no evidence to believe anyone was hit by the gunfire, according to the release. Investigators are still trying to find where the blood came from. They do believe this was a targeted attack.

The investigation is still ongoing and detectives are working leads to identify the suspects, according to the report. Patrols will be increased as the investigation continues.

Anyone with information should call CrimeStoppers at 352-372-STOP.

Follow Devoun Cetoute on Twitter @devoun_cetoute and contact him at dcetoute@alligator.org.