Gators add games against Army and Boston College

<p>The #Gators will play two games in the <span>Mohegan Sun at Connecticut this week to start their 2020-2021 season.</span></p>

The #Gators will play two games in the Mohegan Sun at Connecticut this week to start their 2020-2021 season.

The Gators will make the trip to the Basketball Hall of Fame Bubbleville, after all.

After three-straight cancellations as a result of COVID-19 to open up the 2020 season, Florida announced Monday that it will travel north to play at the Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Connecticut. The Gators pick up two games with Army and Boston College.

UF will tip off against Army on Wednesday at 2:30 p.m. (ESPN2) and then face Boston College at 9:30 p.m. on Thursday.

This back-to-back slate of matchups was scheduled with great haste after the Gators were forced to cancel last week’s trip to the Bubbleville after positive COVID-19 tests among the team. The Gators were set to face UMass Lowell on Nov. 25 and Virginia on Nov. 27.

UF was also supposed to square off against Oklahoma instead of Army Wednesday before Oklahoma had to back out due to positive tests of its own.

Florida will travel home after their mid-week matchups in the Bubbleville to play its home opener against Stetson on Dec. 6.

Contact Dylan O'Shea at doshea@alligator.org and follow him on Twitter @dylanoshea24.