Friends, family continue to search for missing student

<p>UF students and volunteers search a creek under the bridge off of Southwest 20th Avenue on Tuesday afternoon. The group was looking for Christian Aguilar, 18, who has been missing since Thursday.</p>

UF students and volunteers search a creek under the bridge off of Southwest 20th Avenue on Tuesday afternoon. The group was looking for Christian Aguilar, 18, who has been missing since Thursday.

It’s been six days since Christian Aguilar disappeared Thursday night, and the search for the missing UF student continued Tuesday.

Aguilar, an 18-year-old biomedical engineering freshman from Miami, was reported missing Thursday night.

An arrest was made Monday, and a shoe, which did not match the shoes Aguilar wore Thursday, was found Tuesday night and collected as evidence, according to a GPD news release.

Volunteers found the shoe in the 1000 block of Northwest 53rd Avenue.

Gainesville Police searched the Interstate 75 corridor between Newberry Road and Southwest Williston Road on Tuesday, as well as the Southwest 34th Street and Southwest Hull Road areas.

Investigators also checked the woods around Southwest 62nd Boulevard, Windmeadows Trailer Park and Alley Katz bowling center, according to the release.

Out-of-county police agencies donated resources to the search, which included bloodhounds from the Sweetwater Police Department and cadaver dogs from the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.

Police will establish a new command post by 9 a.m. today at the Alachua County Fairgrounds, 3220 NE 39th Ave., to continue the search.

Police arrested a person of interest, Pedro A. Bravo, 18, and charged him Monday with depriving a victim of medical care, a third-degree felony.

On Tuesday morning, GPD released a surveillance photo from Thursday afternoon, which showed Bravo and Aguilar walking into the Best Buy on Archer Road.

Bravo had his first appearance in court Tuesday morning.

As of Tuesday night, he remained in Alachua County Jail with $100,000 bond.

Contact Chris Alcantara at calcantara@alligator.org.