While we can certainly debate the merits of online voting as a policy, that debate is not the one we are having.

Despite the 5,683 students who said they wanted to use online voting, the UF Supreme Court has blocked the student body from even voting on the matter.

The Supreme Court does not have the authority to decide that an amendment is "unconstitutional," but only to determine whether more than 5,000 students signed the petition and whether it deals with more than one subject. The court did not even consider the second question.

Why play by the rules when it does not suit you politically? Make no mistake - this is a political decision.

Those within Student Government are vehemently opposed to online voting. Sen. Ramsey says that the outcomes of elections would remain unchanged. If that is true, then why is SG so afraid of online voting?

A debate on the merits of online voting will not be won by preventing a vote. Blocking a vote means that the Supreme Court and its supporters have realized that they cannot win that debate - and they have decided the only way they can prevent online voting is not to give students a choice.