Library hours and transportation are hot topics in the upcoming fall Student Government elections.

The Students Party and the Unite Party included points in both categories on their platforms. Platforms list the goals of parties, which they will advertise leading up to the Sept. 27 and 28 elections.

The Unite Party finalized its platform Wednesday night. Students Party spokeswoman Carly Wilson said that while the party has released its rough platform, members are still working on finalizing some points.

Both parties promised to increase library hours on campus, and the Unite Party specified that members will work to make one library open 24 hours a day.

Unite Party spokeswoman Christina Bonarrigo said the party hopes to be able to keep Library West open around the clock but the expenses of keeping such a large building open all day may be an issue.

The Unite Party platform pledges to expand scooter parking on campus, build bus stop awnings, increase bicycle signage and awareness and increase the number of SNAP cars and pickup areas.

The Students Party platform promises to expand SNAP availability, add to weekend bus services and put GPS-equipped bus monitors at major stops and in residence halls. Wilson said lighting and safety are also concerns.

Bonarrigo said Unite Party members had students suggest platform ideas on whiteboards on Turlington Plaza on Tuesday and Wednesday.

"I think they wanted to see us actually do something tangible," she said, referring to the physical improvements students requested.

She said students were especially concerned with having hand sanitizer dispensers in residence halls and increasing the number of water fountains on campus. Both are on the Unite platform.

The Students Party platform emphasizes transparency between students and SG as well as fighting corruption in SG.

Wilson said SG should advertise openings in SG branch positions more and make application periods longer.

She said Accent applications were available for less than a week during the summer.

"It's clearly something that needs to be addressed," she said.