<p>Clay Sanford George</p>

Clay Sanford George

A Florida man, with the words “candle” and “light” tattooed on his eyelids, was arrested after three police officers, a Taser and a police dog were used to detain him on Monday, Alachua Police said.

Clay Sanford George, 40, of Ft. White, Florida, was pulled over in a tan 2014 Buick at about 10 p.m. for running a red light but drove off after stopping north of 147th Drive on Northwest U.S. Highway 441, according to an arrest report. He drove about a mile before he stopped and exited the car in a “hostile” manner.

George told police he didn’t have a driver’s license, yelled at them to call his mother and walked back to his car, according to the report.

When an officer tried to put George’s hands behind his back, George grabbed the officer by the neck and shoulders and shoved the officer into the car door, police said.

The officer tried to tackle George, who punched the officer in the face and bit the officer in the face twice, police said.

After a first officer used a Taser on George with no result, a second officer tried again, causing George to fall, according to the report.

After both officers got on top of George to detain him, a third officer arrived and used a police dog to get George to comply, which was successful, police said.

“Take me to jail,” George said, according to the report.

George was charged with two counts of battery on an officer and three counts of resisting arrest, criminal mischief and driving with a suspended license, the report said. He was taken to UF Health Shands Hospital, and then booked in the Alachua County Jail, where he remains, as of Sunday night, on an $80,000 bond.

Contact Meryl Kornfield at mkornfield@alligator.org. Follow her on Twitter at @merylkornfield.

Clay Sanford George