<p>The first Florida Vintage Market took place at Wall Street in downtown Orlando on Dec. 30, 2018. After its success, Gazzelli Sport Vintage owners decided to bring the event to Gainesville.</p>

The first Florida Vintage Market took place at Wall Street in downtown Orlando on Dec. 30, 2018. After its success, Gazzelli Sport Vintage owners decided to bring the event to Gainesville.

Saturday, High Dive will be filled with a vast assortment of local vendors for the second Florida Vintage Market, hosted by Gazzelli Sport Vintage owners, Nathalie Kanda, 33, and Ray Gazzelli, 33.  

In December, the couple hosted their first market at Wall Street in downtown Orlando. Due to the success and positive feedback from guests, the couple decided to host their second in Gainesville at High Dive. The Florida Vintage Market is at 1-5:30 p.m Saturday, Jan. 12, and will feature around 20 vendors.

Kanda said they wanted to work with a venue that already had a big influence with the city.

“I feel like High Dive has been around for a really, really long time and you know it’s a venue that we always wanted to work with, because of the type of crowd and the things that they do for the community,” Kanda said.

The majority of the market will be indoors, Kanda said. However, Josie’s Latin Fusion will make a more than 70 mile trek from Jacksonville to serve guests from their food truck outside. High Dive’s bar will also be open and DJ Dusty Beats will be playing music.

Vendors have a wide array of specialties, ranging from vintage jewelry to screen-printing T-shirts at the event. Others sell handmade candles, custom cups, vintage gator gear and more.

Kanda stressed the importance of supporting local businesses and how events like these are a great opportunity for vendors to interact with customers.

“I think it’s important to give these platforms to our communities so they can showcase what they do best,” Kanda said.

Slay Finds owner Michael Slaback, 24, will be selling all kinds of 80s and 90s clothing items, including vintage windbreakers, sweaters, shirts and gator gear.

Slaback travels across Florida collecting pieces for his collection and participating in pop-ups. He enjoys the customer interaction in the market scene.

“I just love the social aspect of it and just being able to be face-to-face with the customer as opposed to online,” Slaback said.

Always True, a clothing and art brand founded by Drew Howard, 23, Sam Howard, 20, and Kevin Masaro, 24, will also be participating.

The owners originally started their business by printing T-shirts. Three years later, the brand has grown, and now sells custom-made designs on T-shirts, canvases, furniture, hats and more.

Drew Howard said he uses acrylics, spray paint and Sharpie pens to create his designs.

For Drew Howard, Always True is more than just a company ⎯ it’s a way to honor his older brother, Brandon K. Howard, who passed away six years ago and went by the stagename Always True.

Howard describes his older brother as a rapper, musician and artist.  

“The whole brand is basically living on the legacy of who he was and taking that passion that he had for music and pushing that through art and clothes,” Howard said.

Always True will not be printing T-shirts at the venue, but Howard said he does accept design requests from customers.

Rebecca Butler, 31, owner of Everyday in Retrograde, has worked with Ray Gazzelli in pop-ups before and organizes pop-up events herself now. She is excited to see her regulars and to meet new customers.

Butler will be selling vintage clothing, crystals, jewelry and home décor.

“It’s contagious when people see that you love what you do,” Butler said. “They can’t help but have respect for the passion you bring to the table and want to be part of it.”

Rebecca Butler, one of the vendors that will be at the market, modeling for her brand, Everyday in Retrograde.

Ray Gazzelli (right) and Nathalie Kanda (left), owners of Gazzelli Sport Vintage at their first Florida Vintage Market at Wall Street in downtown Orlando on Dec. 30, 2018.