<p>Gainesville Police and Gainesville Fire Rescue responded to a crash at the intersection of NW 23rd Avenue and NW 43rd Street, where a truck hit the CVS. Pharmacy</p>

Gainesville Police and Gainesville Fire Rescue responded to a crash at the intersection of NW 23rd Avenue and NW 43rd Street, where a truck hit the CVS. Pharmacy

Early Sunday morning, a truck missed a turn, hit a tree and then a CVS Pharmacy, before crashing into another tree.

At 1:29 a.m., Gainesville Police and Gainesville Fire Rescue responded to a crash at the intersection of NW 23rd Avenue and NW 43rd Street, where a truck hit the CVS Pharmacy, at 4354 NW 23rd Ave., and trees, District Chief Jeff Schuhmacher said.

Two men were trapped in the truck and freed by fire rescue, Schuhmacher said. Both men were taken to UF Health Shands Hospital. One was taken as a trauma alert.

The truck was heading west on 16th Boulevard and didn’t make the turn at the intersection of NW 23rd Avenue and NW 43rd Street, Schuhmacher said. The car hit a tree before it hit the building then crossed the parking lot and hit another tree.

The CVS was closed and no one was inside or injured, said CVS shift supervisor Justin Lewallen. A manager was called in because the crash set off the store alarm.

Lewallen said the building was damaged but has not yet been evaluated.

Gainesville Police are investigating the situation, Schuhmacher said. The reason for the crash is still uncertain.

GPD could not be immediately reached for information about the crash.