<p>Ian Milaski</p>

Ian Milaski

The former UF Resident Assistant accused of attempted sexual battery was placed back in jail and bonded out within hours Wednesday evening.

Ian Milaski, a 21-year-old UF economics Senior, is in the Alachua County Jail after the State Attorney’s office added additional charges such as attempted sexual battery, kidnapping and burglary to Milaski’s case, according to court records.

He was released the same evening on a $200,000 bond, according to the jail.

Officials put out a request to arrest him as of Thursday after being released by a judge who agreed he is a  “high-achieving” student. 

Milaski voluntarily surrendered himself on the warrant, said his lawyer, Ron Kozlowski. 

“He continues to be cooperative with the supervising agency,” Kozlowski wrote in a text.

Kozlowski is motioning to release Milaski, again, but this time of a bond of $200,000, according to court records. There is no decision filed for the motion as of Wednesday afternoon.

Kozlowski wrote the bond is excessive and his client is an “outstanding student” who isn’t a flight risk, according to court records. He further wrote Milaski is eager to clear his name in court because it’s “likely the only way to attend law school; No law school will ever accept a fugitive.”

“Mr. Milaski has been the epitome of a law abiding citizen his entire life,” he wrote.

Kozlowski also wrote the case “unfortunately received national attention,”  which could threaten the integrity of the legal process, according to court records.

Milaski is still a UF student as of Wednesday evening, said UF spokesperson Steve Orlando.

Milaski was first arrested Aug. 28 on charges of battery and false imprisonment after a female student accused him of of repeatedly asking her to have sex, grabbing her and trying to put his finger in her vagina, according to a University Police arrest report.

Judge Mark Moseley reduced Milaski’s $125,000 bond and released him on his own recognizance after agreeing with a motion saying Milaski struggles with finances and described the incident as an liquor-ridden miscommunication between friends. Milaski wasn’t allowed back in the county except for specified reasons such as court hearings.

In the first motion, the lawyer wrote Milaski was trying to help his parents through Hurricane Dorian, had financial troubles and was close to graduating. 

Kozlowski wrote in Wednesday’s motion that Milaski wants “nothing to do” with the victim from here on out.

Moseley, is no longer on the case as of last Thursday and was replaced by Judge William E. Davis, according to court records. Milaski’s next court hearing is set for Oct. 7.

Ian Milaski