<p>Former Gators defensive back Loucheiz Purifoy catches a throw during a drill at Florida’s Pro Scout Day in March.&nbsp;</p>

Former Gators defensive back Loucheiz Purifoy catches a throw during a drill at Florida’s Pro Scout Day in March. 

Soggy, windy and chilly conditions did not stop the chance for former Gators to make their NFL dreams a reality. Monday marked UF’s Pro Scout Day, and general managers and scouts from all 32 NFL teams were in attendance to watch 12 former UF players.

Having all NFL teams represented encouraged coach Will Muschamp, who uses Pro Day as a barometer to measure the status of his program.

“To have that turnout after the year we had it tells you we’ve got some good players in the program,” Muschamp said. “Obviously, [it was] an extremely frustrating and disappointing fall, and that’s on me.”

Defensive backs Loucheiz Purifoy and Marcus Roberson were among the hopefuls who had underwhelming 40-yard dash times at the NFL Combine in February. But there was a silver lining — Muschamp says most scouts look deeper than what the raw numbers show when evaluating defensive backs.

“Those guys play a lot faster than they’re going to run the 40,” Muschamp said. “A lot of the coaches and the comments I get from a lot of the scouts is that these guys play a lot faster than what their times are. At the end of the day they’re going to watch the tape, and that’s what matters.”

Defensive lineman Dominique Easley — who suffered an ACL tear in September 2013 — did not work out on Monday, but Muschamp announced a tentative date of April 18 for him to work in front of scouts in Gainesville.

Standout wide receiver Solomon Patton finally got the opportunity to work out in front of scouts on Monday, as well. He unofficially clocked in the 4.25-4.3 range in his last 40-yard dash.

Patton did not get invited to the combine — something that he said was a letdown — but it allowed him time to work on certain aspects of his game.

“It was real disappointing,” he said. “When you grow up, that’s all you want to do all your life — go to the combine. I didn’t get invited, but it gave me a longer time to get better and work harder and I feel like I definitely got better.”

Offensive lineman Jon Halapio also got to perform drills for NFL teams Monday. Some teams have been wary of Florida’s veteran lineman due to the torn pectoral muscle he suffered before the 2013 season. Halapio said he was excited to show scouts that the injury was a thing of the past.

“I wanted to prove that I was still strong, prove that I’m not injured anymore,” Halapio said. “I think I did pretty well with my bench numbers.”

Halapio recorded 32 reps at 225 pounds.

Linebacker Ronald Powell got the chance to further improve his stock as well. Although Powell is excited to take the next step in his football career, he said UF will always hold a special place in his heart.

“I miss everything about this place right now,” Powell said. “It’s not an easy place to leave, and it’s definitely some place that’s in my heart. I can’t tell you what I won’t miss about this place because I’m missing a whole lot of things.”

Follow Morgan Moriarty on Twitter @Morgan_Moriarty