Vanessa Van Note

NEWS

The Whole You: Glorify your body

You are beautiful. Have you ever looked into the mirror and told yourself that? I am beautiful. Three very simple words that encompass so much. Beauty is not just someone’s outward appearance, it is their spirit. It is who they are on the inside. I am a firm believer in that beauty shines from the inside out. I see so many people, men and women alike, who stare at themselves in the mirror with disdain. Do they not see how amazing they are? The human body is such an amazing thing; why not glorify it as such? We may not all have six pack abs, but we all have THE one and only human body to work with. 

NEWS

The Wandering Gator: Goodbye to Florence

Florence gave me more in a mere six weeks than college has given me as a whole in two years. I came into college with no sense of direction. To be honest, my only purpose for majoring in engineering was pleasing my family. For the past few years, I have been desperately searching for myself to no avail. I did not feel the need to do well in my classes, I spread myself too thin amongst clubs in an attempt to find someplace I belonged, and I just was not happy.

NEWS

The Wandering Gator: The Italian Facebook

Have you ever considered the effect social media has on you? Can you go one day without checking your Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter accounts? Almost everyone I know, including myself, has one of these applications on their smartphones. We want people to know all about our lives (the good, filtered parts of course) and "like" it.

More articles »